Hot Updos to Keep Your Cool this Summer from Herbal Essences!
Summer may be in full swing but things are only just heating up! While the sun may bring out your glowing tan, the humidity can turn hair from a tamed mane into a big mess. But don’t break a sweat; Herbal Essences Celebrity Stylist, Charles Baker Strahan is here to help you keep your cool with the season’s hottest updos.
Achieve three stylish ‘dos in five easy steps that will help you stay cool and frizz-free all summer long using his favorite Herbal Essences products.
Stay Sleek in the Sun with a High Pony
Keep long locks off your face and neck in the hot summer months with a chic, sleek ponytail
1) Create a nourished and hydrated base in the shower with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner. The Hawaiian coconut and orchid fragrance will leave you smelling fresh, while giving your hair the moisture it needs to fight frizz
2) Work 1-2 pumps of Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Defense Cream through damp hair and smooth from root to top with a wide tooth comb
3) After blow drying or air drying hair, smooth small sections with a flat iron until they are sleek and straight
4) With a soft bristle brush, pull hair back into a high ponytail, securing it with an elastic and smoothing any bumps with a comb
5) Finish by misting Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist for extra shine
Beat the Heat with a Loose, Breezy Braid
After a long day in the summer sun, tame your mane with a loose tousled braid – this is a great style for second-day hair!
1) Spray Herbal Essences Body Envy Dry Shampoo and rub it in at the roots to absorb excess oil and to add a bit of volume and texture
2) Work 1-2 pumps of Herbal Essences The Sleeker the Butter Smooth & Creamy Hair Milk from root to tip to smooth strands and tame any frizz or flyaways
3) Loosely braid the hair, either down the back of the neck or to one side, securing hair with a clear elastic
4) Lightly pull apart each section of the braid to give it a loose, relaxed summer vibe and pull out a few face-framing pieces to keep it soft and romantic
5) Finish with Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Tousling Hairspray for a touchable hold
Top it Off with a Chic Top Knot
Top knots are essential for the hottest of days, allowing your neck and face to breathe while keeping you looking oh-so stylish
1) Start with Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner in the shower to gently cleanse hair while leaving it fully nourished, smooth and soft
2) Mix a drop of Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Gel and Herbal Essences Moroccan Me a Miracle 7 in 1 Serum into the palm of your hands and work through wet hair for heat protection and shine, while also giving your hair the hold it needs
3) Blow dry your strands and smooth hair back with a soft bristle brush, securing it into a high, tight ponytail with a clear elastic
4) Twist and wrap the ponytail over itself into a knot, securing the end by criss-crossing two bobby pins into base of the bun
5) Finish with Herbal Essences Set Me Up Medium Hold Hairspray to keep your bun in place all day long
About Charles Baker Strahan
Charles Baker Strahan knows gorgeous hair. He creates amazing styles, builds and repairs from shaft to overall structure, and colors like no other. Years of styling have made him gain the philosophy that healthy cutting, healing, styling, and moderation are the keys to achieving manageable results for his clients.
It is Charles's charisma and keen sense for other's needs that allows him to see the direction of his creations. He cuts to compliment the frame of one's face and styles to accentuate one's personality. Whether making over or making under, he is able to transform his clients and leave them feeling refreshed and sexy. Actors and models look to him when needing a new look to find their character whether it be for print or screen. Trusted by actors and musicians, his expertise is in long, clean, luminous locks that beg to be touched.
Last modified on
Please login first in order for you to submit comments