Advertising Options
The secret is out...and it's F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.!

Take Care of Your Hair & the Earth with Hairtrition!

Posted by on in Product Reviews
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • 1 Comment

For most of the country it still feels a lot like winter, although technically it's Spring.  I have to say that I'm really getting excited about warmer weather because warmer weather means, flip flops and sundresses and long days at the beach.  But for right now, I'll take the sporatic warm days.

In my research of packaging and components lately, many personal care companies are realizing that they can have an eco-friendly package and still have it look great.  Technology is finally catching up with the needs of the consumer and the environment for that matter.  It's no longer a space-age request to have an earth friendly bottle.  Many companies are finding ways to reduce the amount of plastic used and when they are unable to achieve 100% reduction, companies are offsetting their carbon footprint by purchasing carbon credits. 

One of these companies doing just this is, Zotos.  Zotos: Hairtrition collection, including Keratin Smoothing Shampoo, Keratin Smoothing Conditioner and the Keratin Smoothing Leave-In Treatment. The brand creates hair care products that are superior and innovative with the consumer in mind.  As a company they have installed two 364-foot wind turbines at their Geneva NY-based plant, securing a spot on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Top 20 On-site Generation list and earning recognition by the American Wind Energy Association as one of the top on-site wind projects currently being undertaken by a manufacturing company in the United States. With approximately 6.5 million kWh of electricity expected to be produced annually, the wind turbines will provide more than 60 percent of Zotos’ energy.  Awesome right?  But what about the other 40%?  This is what I was talking about with carbon credits.  Zotos has reduced their carbon footprint as much as they can for right now, so if they (and they do) want to become completely carbon neutral, they offset by helping other companies like Valley Wood Carbon Sequstration, Andyodaya Biogas and Rocky Reach Run-of-River Hydroelectric Project.  Each one of these organizations, creates and/or helps the environment in one way or another.

03292013 Zotos Hairtrition Smoothing Shampoo Conditioner Leave-in Product

There are many ways to help out our environment, Reduce and Recycle and when you can Reuse!

Yes we've made a mess, but it's not too late to clean it up!  Even if it starts with our shampoo bottles.

Until we meet again,

beckie b

Last modified on

SKIN TYPE:  Combination with a side of Mid-Day Glow


HAIR TYPE: Long, fine, with some body


HAIR COLOR: Brunette


COMPLEXION TYPE: Olive


EYE COLOR:  Hazel


FAVORITE PRODUCTS: HellowMello Joy Body Scrub, Dr. Dennis Gross Tinted Moisturizer, Smashbox O-gloss, Falsies Mascara, Tarte Cheek Stain

Comments

  • Nathan Horn
    Nathan Horn Monday, 01 April 2013

    I love hearing about companies that take steps to help the environment and their fellow man! :) I wish more businesses would follow this example.

    Reply Cancel
  • Please login first in order for you to submit comments

Leave your comment

Guest Thursday, 18 July 2019