3 Halloween Hair How-To Looks w/ Herbal Essence!
Soulful Songstress Curls
Singer/songwriter Lorde is almost as well-known for her head-turning tresses as she is for her mega-hit singles. Channel her modern rock goddess look with voluminous curls that are ready for the world’s stage.
1. Create a frizz-free base for your style with Totally Twisted Shampoo & Conditioner
2. If you’re working with natural waves or curls, mist Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel on wet hair to give curls lightweight, flexible hold
• If your natural texture is straight, apply a lightweight mousse like Naked Volumizing Soufflé to very wet hair. Wring out the excess water with your hands, allowing the water to carry the product evenly through the ends of the hair
3. Flip head upside down and blow dry hair with a basket diffuser on high heat and low
wind speed for body and volume. Avoid using a brush to maintain body and volume
4. Once hair is dry, curl small sections of hair around a small-medium barrel curling iron, starting approximately 1-inch away from the scalp and curling down through the end
5. For extra definition, wrap each curl around itself after curling with the iron and secure in place with a bobby pin until it cools
6. Once the hair is cool, drop the hair from the pins, shake out and spray Naked Dry Shampoo throughout the hair to create extra body and texture
7. Finger comb to separate the curls and create lush volume, finishing with a mist of Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray to set the style
Ice Queen Braid
Inspired by our favorite Frozen ice queen Elsa, here’s everything you need to achieve a tousled braided style that’s perfect for any girl who wants to ‘Let It Go’ this Halloween!
1. Create lightweight volume in the shower with Naked Volume Shampoo & Conditioner to leave hair soft and bouncy
2. Work a golf-ball sized amount of Body Envy Volumizing Mousse through the roots of wet hair, wringing out excess moisture to evenly distribute mousse
3. Part your hair to the side and use the diffuser to blow dry, focusing on the roots on both sides while smoothing down the part with your hand
4. Once hair is dry, lean your head to the side and use the basket diffuser to create body
5. Work 1-2 pumps of The Sleeker the Butter Smooth & Creamy Hair Milk to smooth frizz and flyaways
6. Brush all of the hair to the opposite side of the part and divide into three sections. To add body before braiding, lift up each of the three sections and backcomb underneath from the mid-shaft towards the base of the ponytail
7. Braid and secure with a clear elastic
• To add even more frosty fun to your look, secure braid with snowflake elastic
8. For a softer, more romantic look, pull out a few face-framing pieces and wrap them around a medium sized curling iron, giving the wave a slight tug after releasing it from the heat
9. Finish off with Tousle Me Softly Tousling Hairspray
Warrior Queen Waves
All eyes will be on your warrior queen waves inspired by none other than the most powerful of them all, Khaleesi from Game of Thrones. May all the ghouls and ghosts of Halloween bow down because it’s time for you to rule!
1. Start with hair that is hydrated and protected against damage by washing and conditioning with Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner
2. Mist Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel throughout wet hair
3. Begin to blow dry hair with a basket diffuser
• If your hair is naturally curly or wavy, make sure it’s completely dry.
• If your hair is straight, flip hair upside down when drying to create more body
4. After hair is fully dried, put half of your hair up, clipping the top section of your head.
5. Start with the lower half, wrapping 1-2 inch sections of hair around the barrel of a medium-sized curling iron, curling away from your face
• If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, wrap the midsection of the hair around the curling iron and tug slightly at the wave to soften it
• If your hair is straight, wrap the hair starting approximately 1-inch away from the scalp and don’t pull at the wave afterward
6. Once all of your hair is curled, flip your head upside down and spray Body Envy Dry Shampoo, rubbing it into your hair to create more volume and a textured finish
7. Flip your head back over and emulsify 1-2 pumps of Moroccan Me a Miracle 7-in-1 Serum into the palms of your hands, softly smoothing over the hair to add a boost of lightweight shine
8. Bonus Tip: Part hair in the middle and take a small section from each side of your head and loosely braid each, tying them together at the back of your head with a clear elastic
About Charles Baker Strahan
Charles Baker Strahan knows gorgeous hair. He creates amazing styles, builds and repairs from shaft to overall structure, and colors like no other. Years of styling have made him gain the philosophy that healthy cutting, healing, styling, and moderation are the keys to achieving manageable results for his clients.
It is Charles's charisma and keen sense for other's needs that allows him to see the direction of his creations. He cuts to compliment the frame of one's face and styles to accentuate one's personality. Whether making over or making under, he is able to transform his clients and leave them feeling refreshed and sexy. Actors and models look to him when needing a new look to find their character whether it be for print or screen. Trusted by actors and musicians, his expertise is in long, clean, luminous locks that beg to be touched.
Last modified on
Please login first in order for you to submit comments